[ovirt-users] Unable to connect to the graphic server

Alex Bartonek Alex at unix1337.com
Wed Feb 14 19:20:01 UTC 2018

-------- Original Message --------
 On February 14, 2018 2:23 AM, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 5:20 AM, Alex Bartonek Alex at unix1337.com wrote:
>>I've built and rebuilt about 4 oVirt servers.  Consider myself pretty good
>> at this.  LOL.
>> So I am setting up a oVirt server for a friend on his r710.  CentOS 7, ovirt
>> 4.2.   /etc/hosts has the correct IP and FQDN setup.
>>When I build a VM and try to open a console session via  SPICE I am unable
>> to connect to the graphic server.  I'm connecting from a Windows 10 box.
>> Using virt-manager to connect.
>>
> What happens when you try?

Unable to connect to the graphic console is what the error says.  Here is the .vv file other than the cert stuff in it:

[virt-viewer]
type=spice
host=192.168.1.83
port=-1
password=<removed>
# Password is valid for 120 seconds.
delete-this-file=1
fullscreen=0
title=Win_7_32bit:%d
toggle-fullscreen=shift+f11
release-cursor=shift+f12
tls-port=5900
enable-smartcard=0
enable-usb-autoshare=1
usb-filter=-1,-1,-1,-1,0
tls-ciphers=DEFAULT
host-subject=O=williams.com,CN=randb.williams.com

Port 5900 is listening by IP on the server, so that looks correct.  I shut the firewall off just in case it was the issue..no go.