[ovirt-users] ERROR - some other host already uses IP ###.###.###.###

Mark Steele msteele at telvue.com
Thu Feb 15 10:36:13 UTC 2018

Good morning,

We had a storage crash early this morning that messed up a couple of our
ovirt hosts. Networking seemed to be the biggest issue. I have decided to
remove the bridge information in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and ip the
nics in order to re-import them into my ovirt installation (I have already
removed the hosts).

One of the NIC's refuses to come up and is generating the following error:

ERROR     : [/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth] Error, some other
host (0C:C4:7A:5B:11:5C) already uses address ###.###.###.###.

When I ARP on this server, I do not see that Mac address - and none of my
other hosts are using it either. I'm not sure where to go next other than
completely reinstalling Centos on this server and starting over.

Ovirt version is oVirt Engine Version: 3.5.0.1-1.el6

OS version is

CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)

Thank you

***
*Mark Steele*
CIO / VP Technical Operations | TelVue Corporation
TelVue - We Share Your Vision
16000 Horizon Way, Suite 100 | Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
800.885.8886 x128 | msteele at telvue.com | http://www.telvue.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/telvue | facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/telvue