[ovirt-users] Console button greyed out (4.2)

John Taylor jtt77777 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 19:28:56 UTC 2018

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:54 AM, Michal Skrivanek
<michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:

>> On 15 Feb 2018, at 15:58, John Taylor <jtt77777 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nicolas,
>> I had the same problem and it looked like it was because of some older
>> vms (I believe from 3.6) that were configured with console with video
>> type of CIRRUS and protocol VNC.
>
> 3.6 had cirrus indeed. That should work. Can you somehow confirm it was really a 3.6 VM and it stopped working in 4.2? The exact steps are important, unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure they were VMs created in 3.6, but I can't say for
absolute certain.  Sorry.

>> Tracing it out it showed that the vm  libvirt xml was begin set to
>> headless.
>
> do you at least recall what cluster level version it was when it stopped working? The VM definition should have been changed to VGA when you move the VM from 3.6 cluster to a 4.0+

I upgraded from 4.1.something and I'm pretty sure at the time the
cluster level was 4.1, and those same VMs were able to get consoles.
Sorry I can't be more help now. I'll see if I have any notes that
might help me remember.