[ovirt-users] How to protect SHE VM from being deleted in following setup

Vrgotic, Marko M.Vrgotic at activevideo.com
Sat Feb 17 07:22:51 UTC 2018

Dear oVirt community,

I have SHE on the Gluster (not managed by SHE).
Due to limitations of VM Portal, I have given couple of trusted Users, trimmed down Admin access, so that they can create VMs.

However, this does make me bit worried, since the SHE VM could get deleted as any other VM in the pool.

The SHE VM has its own storage pool, but it’s part of same Hypervisor Cluster (limitations of available HW), therefore my Users can see it and accidentally delete it – it can happen!

QUESTION: Any advices that could help me protect SHE VM from being deleted?

Any suggestions, ideas are highly welcome.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Marko Vrgotic