[ovirt-users] Moving VMs to another cluster

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 15:40:31 UTC 2018

> On 16 Feb 2018, at 00:13, Yeun, Chris (DNWK) <Chris.Yeun at smiths-detection.com> wrote:
>
> ​Hello,
>
> How do you move a VM to another cluster within the same data center? I have a cluster running ovirt 3.5 nodes. I created another cluster with hosts running CentOS 7 (ovirt 3.6 version) and want to move VMs to this cluster. The compatibility mode for everything is 3.5.
>
> I tried shutting down a VM, but I cannot select the other cluster.

that should work, just edit the VM and move to a different cluster. Does it give any reason why you cannot do that?

> Also live migration fails as well to the new cluster.

yeah, that should not work. How exactly does it fail to migrate? I guess you’re using the migration dialog and migrate to the new cluster (that’s removed/hidden in 4.1) It’s going to fail with a specific error/reason (might be missing network or mismatch in cluster settings). Such error would only be in vdsm.log somewhere...

Thanks,
michal