[ovirt-users] Upgrade Cluster Compat Level from 4.1 to 4.2

Arsène Gschwind arsene.gschwind at unibas.ch
Thu Feb 22 19:23:20 UTC 2018

Hi,

I could successfully upgrade our Ovirt Environment from 4.1.9 to 4.2.1,
really great job with the new interface.
Everything runs well so far, the only problem I have is when trying to
Upgrade the Cluster Compatibility Level from 4.1 to 4.2 it throw an error :

Error while executing action: Update of cluster compatibility version
failed because there are VMs/Templates [spfy-tscon] with incorrect
configuration. To fix the issue, please go to each of them, edit and
press OK. If the save does not pass, fix the dialog validation.

This VM is a Windows Server 2016 System with a custom property using
smbios hook, could that be the problem?
The engine log don't help a lot:

/2018-02-22 18:49:42,026+01 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
(default task-57) [595850d5] EVENT_ID:
CLUSTER_CANNOT_UPDATE_VM_COMPATIBILITY_VERSION(12,005), Cannot update
compatibility version of Vm/Template: [spfy-tscon], Message: [No Message]//
/

Are there some other place to investigate and get some more information
about this error?

Thanks a lot for any Hint/Help.

rgds,
Arsene

--

*Arsène Gschwind*
Fa. Sapify AG im Auftrag der Universität Basel