[ovirt-users] Installing Windows - no virtio-win.vfd as floppy option

Vincent Royer vincent at epicenergy.ca
Fri Feb 23 01:48:17 UTC 2018

Sure, feel free to reach out, I just did a big windows deployment and there
were lots of hurdles to overcome, but it does work well in the end.  I used
the console during windows install, but I was doing it remotely, in an RDP
session with a server on-site.  So the mouse control was all out of whack,
I had to keyboard through the setup.   Once windows is installed and joined
to the domain, you can RDP into it and it's much more bearable to operate
than the console method.

*Vincent Royer*
*778-825-1057*

<http://www.epicenergy.ca/>
*SUSTAINABLE MOBILE ENERGY SOLUTIONS*

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Geoff Sweet <
geoffrsweet+ovirtusers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah I just read that.  I managed to discover that there is the
> "virtio-win" packages available in my repo, but apparently they aren't
> signed.  So then I disovered the Fedora relased ones that at least are
> signed.  Guess I will give those a whirl and see where it gets me.
>
> -G
>
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 3:50 PM, Vincent Royer <vincent at epicenergy.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> download the ISO separately and put it in your storage domain.  Then use
>> the "Change CD" function to load it part-way through the windows
>> installation when it is looking for the disk to install to.  Once you
>> install all the drivers, the network will start working and the drives will
>> show up and you'll be able to proceed with your windows installation.
>>
>> Following the instructions did not work for me either.
>>
>> *Vincent Royer*
>> *778-825-1057 <(778)%20825-1057>*
>>

>> <http://www.epicenergy.ca/>
>> *SUSTAINABLE MOBILE ENERGY SOLUTIONS*
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 3:38 PM, Geoff Sweet <
>> geoffrsweet+ovirtusers at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Howdy all, I'm following this document:
>>>
>>> https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/vmm-guide/chap-Installin
>>> g_Windows_Virtual_Machines/
>>>
>>> To launch a couple Windows VM's. The document outlines that the
>>> virtio-win.vfd file is automatically installed into the ISO storage domain
>>> for the engine host. And that you can upload it to other ISO domains as