[ovirt-users] Confused by logical networks

Paul-Erik Törrönen poltsi at poltsi.fi
Sun Feb 25 07:55:56 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-23 08:41, Yaniv Kaul wrote:
> There's no reason really to assign IPs to hosts on the logical network.

Ah yes, you're correct.

I was using the physical host as a GW so that the VMs on the logical
network would have an access point to outside (like the CentOS
repositories).

Anyways, I found the cause of my confusion in the end. The switch was
not properly set up (*ahemm* forgot to save configuration).

3 thumbs up for oVirt showing the LLDP-info of the switch :-)

And the fact that despite having to reinstall essentially everything
oVirt from scratch (due to failed upgrade), the VMs were just a matter
if import. Splendid work!

Poltsi