[ovirt-users] oVirt Survey 2018 results

Yaniv Lavi ylavi at redhat.com
Sun Feb 25 14:00:33 UTC 2018

Some notes that may help the users based on the replies on the survey
(based on latest 4.2):

- ISO upload to storage domain is supported (UI/API). Can be used just like
disk upload and it supports quota based on the disk used.

- You now have partial incremental backup support with download/upload API
(at long as the snapshot still exists):

https://ovirt.org/develop/release-management/features/storage/backup-restore-disk-snapshots/

- You can now download/upload VMs from data storage domains.

- VM not keep their compatibility version after cluster version upgrade, so
it is ok to not restart in upgrade (at least until CentOS 8).

- Ceph can be used with ISCSI target with oVirt.

- macspoofing hook is not really needed in oVirt 4.x, this is a supported
feature that can be used in vNIC profiles.

- Some of the users change migration settings in VDSM. This is not really
needed with oVirt 4.2 and migration policies which less error prone and
more advanced.

Hope this helps some of you.

Thanks!

YANIV LAVI

SENIOR TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGER

Red Hat Israel Ltd. <https://www.redhat.com/>

34 Jerusalem Road, Building A, 1st floor

Ra'anana, Israel 4350109

ylavi at redhat.com    T: +972-9-7692306/8272306     F: +972-9-7692223    IM: ylavi
 <https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
@redhatnews <https://twitter.com/redhatnews>   Red Hat