[ovirt-users] Q: VM disk speed penalty NFS vs Local data center storage

Andrei Verovski andreil1 at starlett.lv
Mon Feb 26 11:30:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

Since oVirt doesn’t support more then 1 host in data center with local storage domain as described here:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2018-January/086118.html <http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2018-January/086118.html>

I have to setup NFS server on node with VMs (on same node) access via NFS.
10 GB shared storage is in the future plans yet right now have only 2 nodes with local RAID on each.

Q: What is VM disk speed penalty (approx %)  NFS vs Local RAID in oVirt data center storage?
Currently I have 2 VMs running our accounting/inventory control system which are critical to storage performance limits.
2 other VMs have very low disk activity.

Thanks in advance
Andrei Verovski