[ovirt-users] Hosts firewall custom setup

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Mon Feb 26 13:49:58 UTC 2018

Le 26/02/2018 à 14:03, Yedidyah Bar David a écrit :
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 2:01 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas at ecarnot.net> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> On oVirt 4.2.1.7, I'm trying to setup custom iptables rules as I'm doing
>> since years with engine-config --set IPTablesConfigSiteCustom="blah blah
>> blah".
>>
>> On my hosts, I can see in my hosts that /etc/sysconfig/iptables does contain
>> the correct custom rules I added, but when manually checking with iptables
>> -L, I don't see my rules active.
>>
>> On my hosts, I see that the iptables services is stopped and disabled, and
>> that the firewalld service is up and running.
>>
>> That explains why iptables customization has no effect.
>
> Indeed.
>
> IIRC the type of firewall is now set per cluster or something like that, not
> sure about the details - adding Ondra.

Per cluster, one can indeed choose the firewall type.
I suppose it translates on the hosts into the activation of the adequate
service.
But how do we add custom rules in case of firewalld type?

On the hosts, I imagine that could translate into changes in :
/etc/firewalld/zones/public.xml

--
Nicolas ECARNOT