[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine VM not imported

Alessandro De Salvo Alessandro.DeSalvo at roma1.infn.it
Mon Feb 26 19:09:35 UTC 2018

Ciao Simone,

many thanks. So, how are we supposed to use those hooks? Should we just
create a file
/usr/share/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/ansible/hooks/enginevm_before_engine_setup/enginevm_before_engine_setup.yml
with the instructions to restore? Do you have an example for doing that?

For the moment I think I'll stick to the old procedure by calling
--noansible, as you suggest.

I think the documenttation should be updated anyways, at least to add
the --he-remove-storage-vm and --he-remove-hosts options, as well as the
new procedure and the override with --noansible. Also, wouldn't it be
safer to stick to the old procedure until the new one is fully
operational? Or maybe at least a warning to the user, otherwise no one
will ever be able to restorage a db and have it all functional with the
default options.

Thanks,

     Alessandro