[ovirt-users] API endpoint for a VM to fetch metadata about itself

Ondra Machacek omachace at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 12:13:37 UTC 2018

Yep, you can search for a VM using many attributes, for example to
search for a VM using IP address:

  https://fqdn/ovirt-engine/api/vms?search=ip=1.2.3.4

Here you have more search parameters you can use to find a VM:

https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/appe-Using_Search_Bookmarks_and_Tags/#searching-for-virtual-machines