[ovirt-users] Can't move/copy VM disks between Data Centers

Fred Rolland frolland at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 14:29:47 UTC 2018

Hi,

Just to make clear what you want to achieve:
- DC1 - local storage - host1 - VMs
- DC2 - local storage - host2

You want to move the VMs from DC1 to DC2.

What you can do:
- Add a shared storage domain to the DC#1
- Move VM disk from local SD to shared storage domain
- Put shared storage domain to maintenance
- Detach shared storage from DC1
- Attach shared storage to DC2
- Activate shared storage
- You should be able to register the VM from the shared storage into the DC2
- If you want/need move disks from shared storage to local storage in DC2

Please test this flow with a dummy VM before doing on important VMs.

Regards,

Freddy