[ovirt-users] After upgrade to 4.2 some VM won't start

Arik Hadas ahadas at redhat.com
Wed Feb 28 14:12:02 UTC 2018

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 11:04 AM, Arsène Gschwind <arsene.gschwind at unibas.ch
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like investigate what went wrong during the Cluster Compatibility
> update on running VMs, for sure the workaround by creating new VM and
> attaching disk works great but i think it would be interesting to know what
> went wrong.
>
> I've tried to find a way to create a dump of the VM config to be able to
> make a diff between old and new one to see what is different but without
> any luck so far...
>
> Any idea how to create such a dump?

Can you please provide the output of the following query in your database:

select type, device, address, alias, is_managed, is_plugged from vm_device
where vm_id in (select vm_guid from vm_static where vm_name='<vm_name>');

where <vm_name> is the name of one of the VMs you can't start because of
that NPE?