[ovirt-users] changing Master Storage Domain

Giorgio Bersano giorgio.bersano at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:57:06 UTC 2018

Hello,
I've a question regarding Master Storage Domain. I did already search the
net without results so I'm asking here.

In our production setup (ovirt 4.1.7) we have five iSCSI Data Storage
Domains and we unfortunately need to remove the one that is the Master SD.
That's not difficult, I know the procedure as I did it in the past:
- Move every disk belonging to the MSD to another SD
- Put the MSD in maintenance
- Detach it then Remove it

Another SD is automatically selected as Master and everything should be OK
(for the sake of simplicity i did not mention the other operations needed
on the storage array and the hosts to phisically remove the LUN).

The tricky part is I don't want a random choice, I want to choose which SD
becomes the new Master.
Is there any specific procedure to obtain this result?

TIA,
Giorgio.