[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.2 CEPH support

~Stack~ i.am.stack at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 22:32:44 UTC 2018

On 01/08/2018 07:15 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Probably he refers to this blog:
> https://rhelblog.redhat.com/2018/01/04/red-hat-virtualization-4-2-beta-is-live/
>
> with:
> "
> *Support for Ceph via iSCSI* – The Ceph iSCSI target has been tested and
> certified as a storage domain for virtual machines. This provides more
> infrastructure and deployment choices for engineers and architects.
> "
>
> It seems a described feature that didn't get any referral in oVirt 4.2
> release notes:
> https://ovirt.org/release/4.2.0/
>
> But I think in general, given a version, it is not guaranteed that what
> in RHEV maps with what in oVirt and viceversa.
> I don't know if this one about Ceph via iSCSI is one of them.

ErrrWHAAAAAA???

If Ceph support is in oVirt, I am about to be extremely excited. I'm
just racked the hardware for a new oVirt install today and the Ceph gear
is showing up in a few weeks. I was planning on setting up a dedicated
NFS server for VM's essentially having two storage domains, but if I can
just have Ceph...I would be a very happy sys admin!

~Stack~