[ovirt-users] oVirt Node 4.1.8 -> 4.2 upgrade

Ryan Barry rbarry at redhat.com
Thu Jan 11 13:31:36 UTC 2018

Note that, in the case of Node, the ovirt-release RPM should not be
installed. Mostly because it automatically enables a number of per-package
updates (such as vdsm) instead of installing a single image.

Trimming the repo files so they look like what is shipped in Node
(IgnorePkgs and OnlyPkgs) will pull ovirt-node-ng-image-update.rpm, which
is the only package needing an update.

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 4:45 AM, Ed Stout <edstout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29 December 2017 at 09:11, Michal Skrivanek
> <michal.skrivanek at redhat.com> wrote:
> >

> >> On 29 Dec 2017, at 10:03, Ed Stout <edstout at gmail.com> wrote:

> vdsm-4.20.9.3-1.el7.centos.x86_64
> (ovirt-4.2)
> (ovirt-4.2)

> CentOS

> >> Sure, thanks for the reply - I have 3 nodes, installed from the 4.1.x
> >> oVirt node ISOs, no custom packages/repos, that see the same (minus
> >> the 4.2 added here).
> >>
> >> [root at onode3 ~]# yum repolist enabled
> >> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, imgbased-persist
> >> * ovirt-4.1-epel: mirrors.ukfast.co.uk
> >> * ovirt-4.2: ftp.snt.utwente.nl
> >> * ovirt-4.2-epel: mirrors.ukfast.co.uk
> >> repo id
> >>                                 repo name
> >>
> >>                           status
> >> centos-opstools-release/x86_64
> >>                                 CentOS-7 - OpsTools - release
> >>
> >>                              421
> >> centos-sclo-rh-release/x86_64
> >>                                 CentOS-7 - SCLo rh
> >>
> >>                            6,534
> >> ovirt-4.1/7
> >>                                 Latest oVirt 4.1 Release
> >>
> >>                            2,101
> >> ovirt-4.1-centos-gluster38/x86_64
> >>                                 CentOS-7 - Gluster 3.8
> >>
> >>                               31
> >> ovirt-4.1-epel/x86_64
> >>                                 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7
> >> - x86_64
> >>                           12,184
> >> ovirt-4.1-patternfly1-noarch-epel/x86_64
> >>                                 Copr repo for patternfly1 owned by
> >> patternfly
> >>                                   2
> >> ovirt-4.2/7
> >>                                 Latest oVirt 4.2 Release
> >>
> >>                              179
> >> ovirt-4.2-centos-gluster312/x86_64
> >>                                 CentOS-7 - Gluster 3.12
> >>
> >>                               93
> >> ovirt-4.2-centos-opstools/x86_64
> >>                                 CentOS-7 - OpsTools - release
> >>
> >>                              421
> >> ovirt-4.2-centos-ovirt42/x86_64
> >>                                 CentOS-7 - oVirt 4.2
> >>
> >>                              201
> >> ovirt-4.2-centos-qemu-ev/x86_64
> >>                                 CentOS-7 - QEMU EV
> >>
> >>                               39
> >> ovirt-4.2-epel/x86_64
> >>                                 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7
> >> - x86_64
> >>                           12,184
> >> ovirt-4.2-virtio-win-latest
> >>                                 virtio-win builds roughly matching
> >> what will be shipped in upcoming RHEL
> >>                                  35
> >> ovirt-centos-ovirt41/x86_64
> >>                                 CentOS-7 - oVirt 4.1
> >>
> >>                              456
> >> sac-gdeploy/x86_64
> >>                                 Copr repo for gdeploy owned by sac
> >>
> >>                                4
> >> virtio-win-stable
> >>                                 virtio-win builds roughly matching
> >> what was shipped in latest RHEL
> >>                                   5
> >> repolist: 34,890
> >
> > I think it’s missing the base centos repos, maybe that is a bug in the
> initial deployment.
> [...]

RYAN BARRY

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - TEAM LEAD - RHEV HYPERVISOR

Red Hat NA <https://www.redhat.com/>

rbarry at redhat.com    M: +1-651-815-9306     IM: rbarry
<https://red.ht/sig>