[ovirt-users] 10Gb Networking with OVN

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 07:39:39 UTC 2018

Beau, have you solved your performance problem already?

Would you share what is the MTU you have set on the underlying network, and
in your VMs?

On Dec 13, 2017 17:41, "Dominik Holler" <dholler at redhat.com> wrote:

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 23:12:12 +0200
Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Beau Sapach <bsapach at ualberta.ca>
> wrote:
>
> > Yes, we've done some testing.  With an oVirt VM running on a host
> > using 10Gb ethernet copying data to a physical machine also using
> > 10Gb ethernet we don't see network utilization exceed 800Mbits or
> > so.  A bit of research online yields some experimentation done by
> > others who used SR-IOV to achieve 10Gb from a VM.
> >

> Are you using multiple TCP streams, jumbo frames, threads, etc.?

Please verify that the expected interface is used. The automatic
configuration uses ovirtmgmt to transport the data.
This can be changed manually by executing

vdsm-tool ovn-config IP_OF_OVN_CENTRAL IP_OF_LOCAL_INTERFACE

on the host.

Are you using NICs which supports GENEVE offloading?