[ovirt-users] ovirt-engine-webadmin-portal-debuginfo package for 4.2?

Jayme jaymef at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 13:37:17 UTC 2018

First, apologies for all the posts to this list lately, I've been having a
heck of a time after 4.2 upgrade and you've been helpful, I appreciate
that.

Since 4.2 upgrade I'm experiencing a few problems that I'm trying to debug.

Current status is engine and all hosts are upgraded to 4.2, and cluster and
domain set to 4.2 compatibility.  Hosted Engine VM is running and ui
accessible etc, all VMs on hosts are running but no HA service.  Web UI is
giving a few errors when checking network and snapshots on the hosted
engine VM only, it doesn't give errors on any of the others VMs that I spot
checked.

1. HA-agent and HA-broker are continually crashing on all three hosts over
and over every few seconds.  I sent an email to users list with more
details on this problem but unfortunately haven't heard anything back yet.
The general error in the logs seems to be:
VolumeDoesNotExist(leafUUID)#012VolumeDoesNotExist:
Volume does not exist: (u'8582bdfc-ef54-47af-9f1e-f5b7ec1f1cf8',) --
What?  Volume doesn't exist, why not?

2. Error when clicking "network interfaces" in the web gui for the
hosted VM engine.

3. Similar to #2 above an error is given when clicking "snapshots" in the
web gui for the hosted engine VM.

The errors for #2 and #3 are generic "cannot read property 'a' of null".
I've read previous postings on ovirt-mailing list that suggest you can
install debug-info package to get a human readable error.. but this package
does not seem to be compatible with 4.2, it expects 4.1:  Requires:
"ovirt-engine-webadmin-portal = 4.1.2.2-1.el7.centos" -- Perhaps this
package is no longer required?  I do see some additional details in the
ui.log that I can post if helpful.

There is obviously something odd going on here with the hosted engine VM.
All three errors appear to related to a problem with it, although it is
indeed up and running.   I'd really like to get HA broker and agent back up
and running, and fix these GUI errors related to hosted engine VM.  All
three problems may be connected to one common issue?

Thanks in advance!