[ovirt-users] Ovirt 4.2 Bug with Permissons on the Vm Portal?

Giorgio Biacchi giorgio at di.unimi.it
Wed Jan 17 12:33:02 UTC 2018

On 01/12/2018 05:53 PM, Michal Skrivanek wrote:

>> On 12 Jan 2018, at 12:27, Giorgio Biacchi <giorgio at di.unimi.it
>> <mailto:giorgio at di.unimi.it>> wrote:
>>
>> It's the same for me also.
>>
>> Ovirt is connected to FreeIPA this time, so it seems not to be bound to a
>> specific AAA engine extension.
>>
>> Do we have to submit a new bug on bugzilla??
>
> Looks like https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-web-ui/issues/460 ?
> Somehow it diappeared in recent 4.2.1 builds, can you check that by any chance
> on your setup too?

I just enabled Ovirt Release Pre repo and updated to 4.2.1.1-1.el7 but the
problem still is present. I've done a test, as a user I created a Vm, the Vm is
visible from Vm Portal. From the admin portal I removed the UserVmManager
permission on that Vm. From the Vm Portal the Vm go away. So far so good.

Then I re added the previously removed permission to the Vm but the Vm do not
appears in the Vm portal once I log back in as a normal user.

Thanks