[ovirt-users] Configuration of FCoE in oVirt 4.2 on HP BladeSystem c7000

Gunder Johansen gantonjo-ovirt at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 23:34:38 UTC 2018

Thanks, Fred.
I have been looking at FCoE VDSM Hooks to no help. Looking at it again, I am still not able to see any FCoE
[root at ovirtengine ~]# engine-config -g UserDefinedNetworkCustomPropertiesUserDefinedNetworkCustomProperties:  version: 3.6UserDefinedNetworkCustomProperties:  version: 4.0UserDefinedNetworkCustomProperties: fcoe=^((enable|dcb|auto_vlan)=(yes|no),?)*$ version: 4.1UserDefinedNetworkCustomProperties: fcoe=^((enable|dcb|auto_vlan)=(yes|no),?)*$ version: 4.2
I finally managed to find the "custom Property" where I could set "enable=yes,dcb=no" for fcoe, but when applying the change, I get unexepected error. Yes, the host was in local maintenance mode when I applied the change.
I am afraid I am not understanding all the steps needed from the Virtual Connect configuration in the blade rack to the network interfaces inside oVirt. Should I add a new FCoE only network interface and should this have VLAN/IP address in a special range compared to the internal network in the rack?
Thanks again.