[ovirt-users] New post on oVirt blog: Build oVirt Reports Using Grafana

Andrei V andreil1 at starlett.lv
Mon Jan 22 15:57:24 UTC 2018

Hi !

Thanks a lot for excellent addition !

I’ve got a problem with connecting Grafana to oVirt 4.2
Followed this instruction and created read-only user usrmonovirt
# https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/data-warehouse/Allowing_Read_Only_Access_to_the_History_Database/

However, from Grafana login is is always failed:
pq: Ident authentication failed for user “usrmonovirt"
host = localhost:5432, database = ovirt_engine_history, SSL = disable

Reset password with another or even NULL don’t help, still can’t connect.
psql -U postgres -c "ALTER ROLE usrmonovirt WITH PASSWORD ‘mypassword';" -d ovirt_engine_history
psql -U postgres -c "ALTER ROLE usrmonovirt WITH PASSWORD NULL;”  -d ovirt_engine_history

What went wrong? I can’t understand.

PS. Looks like oVirt engine spawns PostgreSQL with its own data dir, standard restart via systemcll returns an error (data dir is empty). Yet "ps -aux | grep postgres" shows process is running.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion(s).