[ovirt-users] host-passthrough or pcid enable for Westmere and SandyBridge

Florian Schmid fschmid at ubimet.com
Wed Jan 24 12:08:03 UTC 2018

Hi,

are there any news on this?

I tried to change /usr/share/libvirt/cpu_map.xml manually and added pcid flag to SandyBridge CPU and restarted HW node, but on VM, nothing changed.
I found the xml file for this VM and I found a strange content:
In /var/run/libvirt/qemu/, there are the XML files of the running VMs ->
    <cpu mode='custom' match='exact' check='full'>
      <model fallback='forbid'>SandyBridge</model>
      <topology sockets='16' cores='1' threads='1'/>
      <feature policy='require' name='vmx'/>
      <feature policy='require' name='vme'/>
      <feature policy='disable' name='pcid'/>
      <feature policy='require' name='hypervisor'/>
      <feature policy='require' name='arat'/>
      <feature policy='require' name='xsaveopt'/>
-> feature policy='disable' name='pcid'

It was indeed added to XML file, but it looks like it is somehow disabled.

I actually don't know, how to enable it.

On hosts, where cpu_map.xml is not changed, this entry is not there.

We are running version 4.1.7

BR Florian

UBIMET GmbH - weather matters
Ing. Florian Schmid • IT Infrastruktur Austria

A-1220 Wien • Donau-City-Straße 11 • Tel +43 1 263 11 22 DW 469 • Fax +43 1 263 11 22 219
fschmid at ubimet.com • www.ubimet.com • Mobile: +43 664 8323379

Sitz: Wien • Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien • FN 248415 t

The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, or dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. UBIMET GmbH shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor shall it be liable for any delay in its receipt. UBIMET GmbH accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by software viruses and you are advised to carry out a virus check on any attachments contained in this message.