[ovirt-users] Storage Hardware for Hyperconverged oVirt: Gluster best practice

ovirt at fateknollogee.com ovirt at fateknollogee.com
Fri Jan 26 14:58:11 UTC 2018

Yaniv,

You bring up a valid point.

I asked about RAID since I was concerned about drive failures &
performance.
Since Gluster will handle data replication, using HBA seems like a
better choice?

>> From Yaniv:
I think there are two interesting questions here:
1. Why would you want RAID? Your data is replicated already on other
Gluster nodes. RAID writes will wear out the SSDs earlier and RAID
'wastes'
additional space. The reason may be because you don't want the node to
go
down in case of a single disk malfunction. Fair - but is that the case?
2. I think HW RAID should be higher performing, but that's about it.
Y.