[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.1.9 and Spectre-Meltdown checks

WK wkmail at bneit.com
Fri Jan 26 18:13:51 UTC 2018

That cpu  is X5690. That is Westmere class.   We have a number of those
doing 'meatball'  application loads that don't need the latest greatest cpu.

I do not yet believe the Microcode fix for Westmere is out yet and it
may never be.

Intel has, so far, promised fixes for Haswell or better (i.e. CPUs from
the last 5 years) with a vague mention of other cpus on a 'customer'
need basis.

Westmere is circa 2010 and came out before Sandy/Ivy Bridge so we don't
know when or if they will be fixed, but probably only after the
Sandy/Ivy Bridges get theirs.

-wk