[ovirt-users] Using upstream QEMU

Harry Mallon Harry.Mallon at codex.online
Wed Jan 31 15:43:15 UTC 2018

Hello all,

Has anyone used oVirt with non-oVirt provided QEMU versions?
I need a feature provided by upstream QEMU, but it is disabled in the oVirt/CentOS7 QEMU RPM.

I have two possible methods to avoid the issue:
1. Fedora has a more recent QEMU which is closer to 'stock'. I see that oVirt 4.2 has no Fedora support, but is it possible to install the host onto a Fedora machine? I am trying to use the master branch rpms as recommended in the "No Fedora Support" note with no luck currently.
2. Is it safe/sensible to use oVirt with a CentOS7 host running an upstream QEMU version?

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Mallon
CODEX | Senior Software Engineer
60 Poland Street | London | England | W1F 7NT
E harry.mallon at codex.online | T +44 203 7000 989