[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.2.x and ManageIQ : Adding 'cfme' credentials

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Thu Mar 1 12:13:04 UTC 2018

Hello,

As for my 4 previous oVirt DCs, I'm trying to add them to ManageIQ
providers.

I tried to follow this guide :

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_cloudforms/4.6/html-single/deployment_planning_guide/#data_collection_for_rhev_33_34

But when trying to run psql, the shell tells me the command is not found.

I made a very simple setup : when running engine-setup, I answered the
default question about DWH, so the DB is local.

When viewing (with pgAdmin) the roles of this new PostgreSQL DB, I see
there is no 'cfme' user.
Do I have to re-run the setup and answer different things to ensure
other packages and setup are made?

I saw
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_virtualization/4.1/html-single/data_warehouse_guide/#Overview_of_Configuring_Data_Warehouse
telling me to re-run.

But I see that :
rpm -qa|grep -i dwh
ovirt-engine-dwh-4.2.1.2-1.el7.centos.noarch
ovirt-engine-dwh-setup-4.2.1.2-1.el7.centos.noarch

so I thought it was already enough... ?

--
Nicolas ECARNOT