[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.2.x and ManageIQ : Adding 'cfme' credentials

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Thu Mar 1 14:50:30 UTC 2018

Le 01/03/2018 à 15:00, Yaniv Kaul a écrit :

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 2:13 PM, Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas at ecarnot.net
> <mailto:nicolas at ecarnot.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     As for my 4 previous oVirt DCs, I'm trying to add them to ManageIQ
>     providers.
>
>     I tried to follow this guide :
>
>     https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_cloudforms/4.6/html-single/deployment_planning_guide/#data_collection_for_rhev_33_34
>     <https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_cloudforms/4.6/html-single/deployment_planning_guide/#data_collection_for_rhev_33_34>
>
>     But when trying to run psql, the shell tells me the command is not
>     found.

Hello Yanniv,

Thank you for answering.

> Because you are probably on PG 9.5 SCL, I assume?

I've never heard about that before today.
I installed a bare-metal CentOS 7.4 on which I installed oVirt 4.2.
I saw no reference to SCL nowhere, neither during the setup, neither in
the oVirt install documentation.

How an average user is supposed to behave in such a situation?
(In my case, as usual, I read and read again)

Couldn't the Redhat documentation mentioned above be more accurate?

> Something like 'scl enable rh-postgrsql95' should help.

Not that much...

root at serv-mvm-prds01:/etc/ovirt-engine-setup.conf.d# cd /tmp
root at serv-mvm-prds01:/tmp# su - postgres
Dernière connexion : jeudi  1 mars 2018 à 15:42:40 CET sur pts/2
-bash-4.2$ scl enable rh-postgrsql95
Need at least 3 arguments.
Run scl --help to get help.

--