[ovirt-users] hosted-engine --deploy : Failed executing ansible-playbook

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 10:43:45 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 11:25 AM, <geomeid at mairie-saint-ouen.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am on CENTOS 7.4.1708
>

> I follow the documentation:
>
> [root at srvvm42 ~]# yum install ovirt-hosted-engine-setup
>
> [root at srvvm42 ~]# yum info ovirt-hosted-engine-setup
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, package_upload, product-id,
> search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager
> This system is not registered with an entitlement server. You can use
> subscription-manager to register.
>  * base: centos.quelquesmots.fr
>  * epel: mirrors.ircam.fr
>  * extras: centos.mirrors.ovh.net
>  * ovirt-4.2: ftp.nluug.nl
>  * ovirt-4.2-epel: mirrors.ircam.fr
>  * updates: centos.mirrors.ovh.net
> Installed Packages
> Name        : ovirt-hosted-engine-setup
> Arch        : noarch
> Version     : 2.2.9
> Release     : 1.el7.centos
> Size        : 2.3 M
> Repo        : installed
> From repo   : ovirt-4.2
> Summary     : oVirt Hosted Engine setup tool
> URL         : http://www.ovirt.org
> License     : LGPLv2+
> Description : Hosted Engine setup tool for oVirt project.
>

> [root at srvvm42 ~]# hosted-engine --deploy
>
> I encounter an issue when i try to install my hosted-engine. Here is the
> last line of the installation:

> [ INFO  ] TASK [Clean /etc/hosts for the engine VM]
> [ INFO  ] skipping: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [Copy /etc/hosts back to the engine VM]
> [ INFO  ] skipping: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [Clean /etc/hosts on the host]
> [ INFO  ] changed: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [Add an entry in /etc/hosts for the target VM]
> [ INFO  ] changed: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [Start broker]
> [ INFO  ] changed: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [Initialize lockspace volume]
> [ INFO  ] changed: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [Start agent]
> [ INFO  ] changed: [localhost]
> [ INFO  ] TASK [Wait for the engine to come up on the target VM]
> [ ERROR ] fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"msg": "The conditional check
> 'health_result.rc == 0 and health_result.stdout|from_
> json|json_query('*.\"engine-status\".\"health\"')|first==\"good\"'
> failed. The error was: error while evaluating conditional (health_result.rc
> == 0 and health_result.stdout|from_json|json_query('*.\"engine-
> status\".\"health\"')|first==\"good\"): No first item, sequence was
> empty."}
> [ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Closing up': Failed executing
> ansible-playbook

Hi,
it's a kind of race condition consuming the output of hosted-engine
--vm-status --json that, during service startup time, could appear not
complete.
We tracked it here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1540926

oVirt 4.2.2 rc3 will contain a fix for that.

It failed really late so at the end your env should be already OK, maybe
you can just have the bootstrap local VM as a leftover external VM in the
engine but you could simply manually delete it.
I don't see other drawbacks.