[ovirt-users] Open source backup!

Niyazi Elvan niyazielvan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 15:25:43 UTC 2018

Hi,

If you are looking for VM image backup, you may have a look at Open Bacchus
https://github.com/openbacchus/bacchus

Bacchus is backing up VMs using the oVirt python api and final image will
reside on the Export domain (which is an NFS share or glusterfs) in your
environment. It does not support moving the images to tapes at the moment.
You need to use another tool to stage your backups to tape.

Hope this helps.

On 5 Mar 2018 Mon at 17:31 Nasrum Minallah Manzoor <
NasrumMinallah9 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> HI,
> Can you please suggest me any open source backup solution for ovirt
> Virtual machines.
> My backup media is FC tape library which is directly attached to my ovirt
> node. I really appreciate your help
>

> Regards,

Niyazi Elvan