[ovirt-users] Pre-snapshot scripts to run before live snapshot

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 17:01:28 UTC 2018

Hello,
this thread last year (started by me... ;-) was very useful in different
aspects involved

http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2017-March/080322.html

We did cover memory save or not and fsfreeze automatically done by guest
agent if installed inside the VM.
What about pre-snapshot scripts/operations to run inside guest, to have
application consistency?
Eg if I have a database inside the VM and I have scripted my backup job
involving live-snapshot (eg with the backup.py utility of the thread)

Can I leverage this kind of functionality with the oVirt guest agent?
Or is it mandatory to consider a remote connection to the VM (via ssh or
what for windows?) and execute the script/command/bat file?

What are you curently doing in this respect?

Thanks,

Gianluca