[ovirt-users] 4.2 upgrade question

KSNull Zero ksnull01 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:37:51 UTC 2018

Hello!
Currently we run 4.1.9 and try to upgrade to the latest 4.2 release.
Our DB server is on separate machine and run PostgreSQL 9.2.23.

During upgrade the following error occurs:
[WARNING] This release requires PostgreSQL server 9.5.9 but the engine
database is currently hosted on PostgreSQL server 9.2.23
[ ERROR ] Please upgrade the PostgreSQL instance that serves the engine
database to 9.5.9 and retry.

Ok, so we need to upgrade PostgreSQL.
The question is - do we need to have exact 9.5.9 version of PostgreSQL ?
Because if we upgrade PostgreSQL to the latest available 9.5.12 the same
error occurs saying that client and server version mismatched and upgrade
terminates.
Thank you.