[ovirt-users] How to force remove template

John Nguyen jtqn42 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:34:35 UTC 2018

Hello Idan,

Thank you for responding.  I'm sorry the logs are unavailable to post due
to security concerns from my management.  To make it even more difficult
there are several developers creating and removing VM's at any given time.

The system is a 12 hosts Ovirt 3.6 cluster running Gluster for the original
storage.  There is new storage domain is will be hosted on an external
storage (NFS from a Netapp array).  I was brought in to upgrade/migrate to
Ovirt 4.2 running entirely on NFS.  I believe the template is in this odd
state because of issues with the Gluster which dates back to the original
setup.  I've been able to move all the VM and template disks to the NFS
domain except this one.

Since template is not of value and can be removed.  I was hoping there is
way to delete the template from command line and be entirely off the
Gluster domain before upgrading to 4.2

Thanks again,

John