[ovirt-users] ovirt-engine add host failed

Alona Kaplan alkaplan at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 10:46:59 UTC 2018

Hi,

Seems the communication with the host is slow and you get a timeout error.

Is there a chance you opened the SetupNetwoks dialog while installing the
host (it may slow down the host since it queries the host for lldp
information)?

Please try to re-install (or remove and re-add) the host (don't open the
setup network dialog during the installation).

More technically, there is a bug in the code -
Collecting and persisting the data from the host is done inside a
transaction.
Only the persisting should be done in a transaction.
According to the attached log seems the collection of the data from the
host finished successfully (was slow, but finished without a timeout), but
the persistence of the data fails since during the persistence the
transaction reached to the timeout.

Can you please file a bug in the bugzilla and attach the relevant logs
(engine.log, server.log and vdsm.log)

Thanks.
Alona.