[ovirt-users] Quick question about oVirt 3.6 and vdsm log in DEBUG mode (apprently by default??)

Christopher Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Wed Mar 14 14:10:19 UTC 2018

On 03/14/2018 01:34 AM, Yaniv Kaul wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2018 11:48 PM, "Christopher Cox" <ccox at endlessnow.com
> <mailto:ccox at endlessnow.com>> wrote:

...snip...

>     What we are seeing more and more is that if we do an operation like expose a
>     new LUN and configure a new storage domain, that all of the hyervisors go
>     "red triangle" and "Connecting..." and it takes a very long time (all day)
>     to straighten out.
>
>     My guess is that there's too much to look at vdsm wise and so it's waiting a
>     short(er) period of time for a completed response than what vdsm is going to
>     us, and it just cycles over and over until it just happens to work.
>

> Please upgrade. We have solved issues and improved performance and scale
> substantially since 3.6.
> You may also wish to apply lvm filters.
> Y.

Oh, we know and are looking at what we'll have to do to upgrade.  With that
said, is there more information on what you mentioned as "lvm filters" posted
somewhere?

Also, would VM reduction, and IMHO, virtual disk reduction help this problem?

Is there and engine config parameters that might help as well?

Thanks for any help on this.