[ovirt-users] improvement for web ui during the create template stage.

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 12:38:57 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:19:55 PM EDT Nicolas Vaye wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought it was the problem.
> I did a test again and i have recorded the test (in attachment).
> What is the problem ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Nicolas VAYE

Interesting, as that name is not long enough to trigger the name length
validation. You have 64 characters total for the name. I just tried your
scenario on the latest master branch, and it worked as expected, it created
the template from the snapshot without issues with that exact same name.

I don't see any recent changes to the frontend code for that dialog either. If
you look in the engine.log does it say anything? I can only assume some
validation is failing, and that validation message is not properly propagated
to the frontend, but it should show something in the backend log regardless.

 À: users at ovirt.org<mailto:users at ovirt.org>, Nicolas Vaye