[ovirt-users] how to run command in windows guest via agent?

Sergey Vavilov sergey at vavilov.org
Thu Mar 15 13:26:00 UTC 2018

Hello!

I'm wondering
how can I run a cmd.exe command (or powershell) inside windows guest virtual machine by
ovirt-agent from outside (from ovirt-engine or from host)?
What's ovirt's analogue for
virsh qemu-agent-command
?
Actually, I want to setup ip on virtual NIC.
So I can't run a command via windows' protocols.
ovirt-agent service works in windows virtual machine and successfully reports its state to ovirt engine.
But it looks like ovirt-agent isn't suitable to run commands in virtual machines?
Or am I wrong?
Should I configure a coexistence of ovirt-agent and qemu-agent inside vm somehow?
How did you solve such task before?

Thank you, all!

--
Sergey Vavilov