[ovirt-users] VM has been paused due to NO STORAGE SPACE ERROR ?!?!?!?!

Enrico Becchetti enrico.becchetti at pg.infn.it
Fri Mar 16 11:25:57 UTC 2018

   Dear All,
Does someone had seen that error ? When I run this command from my
virtual machine:

# time dd if=/dev/zero of=enrico.dd bs=4k count=10000000

VM was paused due to kind a storage error/problem. Strange message
because tell about "no storage space error" but ovirt puts virtual
machine in
a paused state.

Inside events  from  ovirt web interface  I see this:

"VM has been paused due to lack of storage space"

but no ERROR found in /var/log/vdsm.log.

My oVirt enviroment 4.2.1 has three hypervivosr with FC storage and
before now
I haven't see any other problem during the normal functioning of the vm
, it's seem
that this error occurs only when there is massive I/O.

Any ideas ?
Thanks a lot.
Best Regards
Enrico

Enrico Becchetti                    Servizio di Calcolo e Reti

Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare - Sezione di Perugia
Via Pascoli,c/o Dipartimento di Fisica  06123 Perugia (ITALY)
Phone:+39 075 5852777             Mail: Enrico.Becchetti<at>pg.infn.it