[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.2 Fresh Install - Storage Domain

Maton, Brett matonb at ltresources.co.uk
Sat Mar 17 10:13:17 UTC 2018

I've just reinstalled ovirt 4.2 (ovirt-release42.rpm) on a clean CentOS 7.4
host, all went fine however

Now that the hosted engine is up, I've added a data storage domain but it
looks like the next step that detects / promotes the new data domain to
master isn't being triggered.

Hosted engine and data domain are on NFS storage, /var/log/messages is
filling with these messages

journal: ovirt-ha-agent
ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.agent.hosted_engine.HostedEngine.config ERROR Unable
to identify the OVF_STORE volume, falling back to initial vm.conf. Please
ensure you already added your first data domain for regular VMs

I ran into the same issue when I imported an existing domain.