[ovirt-users] VM has been paused due to NO STORAGE SPACE ERROR ?!?!?!?!

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Sun Mar 18 08:17:31 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 1:25 PM, Enrico Becchetti <
enrico.becchetti at pg.infn.it> wrote:

>   Dear All,
> Does someone had seen that error ? When I run this command from my virtual
> machine:
>
> # time dd if=/dev/zero of=enrico.dd bs=4k count=10000000

I don't think it's a very interesting test case for IO performance, but in
any case, it may cause the VM to try to write faster than its thin
provisioned disk can be extended.
A simple workaround would be to change in VDSM the threshold of when it
gets extended and by how much.
For example:
[irs]
volume_utilization_percent = 15