[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.2 Fresh Install - Storage Domain

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Sun Mar 18 10:55:52 UTC 2018

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 12:01 PM Maton, Brett <matonb at ltresources.co.uk>
wrote:

> Yes, both are on NFS and both are mounted.
>
> For what it's worth all the storage this cluster will connect to is on the
> same NAS device, same permissions etc etc, and it does connect it's just
> not 'flipping' the master domain.
>
> This is the first time I've tried a fresh install of 4.2.1.7-1.el7.centos,
> I generally in-place upgrade on this cluster.
>
>  If there are any logs they might give a clue as to what's happening I'm
> happy to shre those.
>
> In the mean time I'll flatten the host and deploy from scratch again.

No need to flatten the host, I think the behavior is expected in 4.2. The
installation process
was streamlines and there is no need now to create another storage domain
to force the
system to import the hosted engine domain.

Since the hosted engine storage domain cannot be deactivated, using it for
master is good.
it meas you can deactivate any other storage domain if needed.

Maybe the documentation needs update?