[ovirt-users] oVirt 4.2 Fresh Install - Storage Domain

Maton, Brett matonb at ltresources.co.uk
Sun Mar 18 11:46:09 UTC 2018

Right fresh install of CentOS 7.4 all updated

Installed ovirt using the repositories from provided by ovirt-release42.rpm

The install seems to go fine, once the hosted engine is up /var/log/message
is getting filled with the following messages:

journal: ovirt-ha-agent
ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.agent.hosted_engine.HostedEngine.config ERROR Unable
to identify the OVF_STORE volume, falling back to initial vm.conf. Please
ensure you already added your first data domain for regular VMs

I've added a new storage domain as used to be required, but as Nir
suggested earlier the expected behaviour in 4.2 is that the hosted_storage
domain remains master and /var/log/messages continues to fill with the
above messages.

One other niggle I've found in the current installer is the space required
to generate hosted_engine, the instructions on this page Deploying
Self-Hosted Engine
<https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/self-hosted/chap-Deploying_Self-Hosted_Engine/>
suggest that the installer will check that there is enough available space
or prompt for an alternative location if there isn't enough at /var/tmp.
Actually it does neither and fails the deployment only saying to check the
log files for a possible cause.