[ovirt-users] Gluster: VM disk stuck in transfer; georep gone wonky

Jim Kusznir jim at palousetech.com
Mon Mar 19 16:38:40 UTC 2018

Hi all:

Sorry for yet another semi-related message to the list.  In my attempts to
troubleshoot and verify some suspicions on the nature of the performance
problems I posted under "Major Performance Issues with gluster", I
attempted to move one of my problem VM's back to the original storage
(SSD-backed).  It appeared to be moving fine, but last night froze at 84%.
This morning (8hrs later), its still at 84%.

I need to get that VM back up and running, but I don't know how...It seems
to be stuck in limbo.

The only thing I explicitly did last night as well that may have caused an
issue is finally set up and activated georep to an offsite backup machine.
That too seems to have gone a bit wonky.  On the ovirt server side, it
shows normal with all but data-hdd show a last sync'ed time of 3am (which
matches my bandwidth graphs for the WAN connections involved).  data-hdd
(the new disk-backed storage with most of my data in it) shows not yet
synced, but I'm also not currently seeing bandwidth usage anymore.

I logged into the georep destination box, and found system load a bit high,
a bunch of gluster and rsync processes running, and both data and data-hdd
using MORE disk space than the origional (data-hdd using 4x more disk space
than is on the master node).  Not sure what to do about this; I paused the
replication from the cluster, but that hasn't seem to had an effect on the
georep destination.

I promise I'll stop trying things until I get guidance from the list!
Please do help; I need the VM HDD unstuck so I can start it.

Thanks!
--Jim