[ovirt-users] Sizing hardware for hyperconverged with Gluster?

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 07:46:53 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 8:34 PM, Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net> wrote:

> I have a reasonable feel for how to size hardware for an oVirt cluster
> with external storage (our current setups all use iSCSI to talk to a
> SAN).  I'm looking at a hyperconverged oVirt+Gluster setup; are there
> guides for figuring out the additional Gluster resource requirements?  I
> assume I need to allow for additional CPU and RAM, I just don't know how
> to size it (based on I/O I guess?).

Sizing for hyperconverged is very similar - ensure there is enough
resources for gluster to run.
Gluster would need atleast 2 cores, there's also a systemd slice
configuration on HC setups for gluster, that limits CPU allocation to 1/3
of available cores in case of contention. RAM requirements would be
workload specific. In general 16GB RAM is sufficient for gluster.