[ovirt-users] Query for moving Ovirt Engine...

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 15:18:03 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 5:07 PM, Nasrum Minallah Manzoor
<nasrumminallah9 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Yedidyah,
>
> Let me clearify it more that i have 2 ovirt nodes in a cluster. Ovirt engine is on seperate machine on vmware workstation. Now i want to move this ovirt engine to one of my nodes (which are in a cluster). I need help with the above so that i could complete my task.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Please see the link I sent before for migrating to hosted-engine.

Another option is to simply install the engine on one of the machines.

I didn't try this myself, but people reported that it works.

This will be simpler than hosted-engine, but will not provide the HA
that hosted-engine does.
If you want to do this, you should do something like:

on the existing engine machine:
1. engine-backup --mode=backup --file=b1 --log=l1
2. Stop and disable the engine and dwh on this machine
3. Copy b1 to the host you want to install it on

On the host you want the engine on:
4. Install ovirt-release package (same as you installed on the engine machine)
5. Install the package ovirt-engine
6. engine-backup --mode=restore --file=f1 --log=r1 --provision-db
--provision-dwh-db
7. engine-setup
8. Make sure the name of the old engine now resolves to the IP address
of the new host,
by updating your DNS (e.g. add a CNAME record) or /etc/hosts

For more details check engine backup/restore documentation.

Best regards,

--
Didi