[ovirt-users] Snapshot of the Self-Hosted Engine

FERNANDO FREDIANI fernando.frediani at upx.com
Wed Mar 28 13:41:01 UTC 2018

Hello Sven and all.

Yes storage does have the snapshot function and could be possibility be
used, but I was wondering a even easier way through the oVirt Node CLI or
something similar that can use the qcow2 image snapshot to do that with the
Self-Hosted Engine in Global Maintenance.

I used to run the oVirt Engine in a Libvirt KVM Virtual Machine in a
separate Host and it has always been extremely handy to have this feature.
There has been times where the upgrade was not successfully and just
turning off the VM, starting it from snapshot saved my day.

Regards
Fernando