[ovirt-users] Host affinity rule

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 01:13:35 UTC 2018

Hi all

I suspect one of our hypervisors is faulty but at this stage I can't prove
it.

We're running RHV 4.1.7 (about to upgrade to v4.1.10 in a few days).

I'm planning on create a negative host affinity rule to prevent all current
existing VMs from running on the suspect host.  Afterwards I'll create a
couple of test VMs and put them in a positive host affinity rule so they
only run on the suspect host.

There are about 150 existing VMs, are there any known problems with host
affinity rules and putting 150 or so VMs in the group?

This is production so I need to be careful.

Thanks