[Workshop-nov2011] Current hotel plans

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 00:17:01 UTC 2011

A few items came up today, and as a result we are looking for a group
discounted hotel that is near Cisco's campus and can offer us a large
conference room for 1 Nov.

My plan is that we'll decide and pick a group hotel by Friday (30 Sep)
or Monday (03 Oct.)

Attendance at this workshop has grown beyond the ability to get all of
us in to the largest room we have at Cisco. Event planners today
decided to look in to getting a single conference room at a hotel for
the first day, then use Cisco's rooms for the breakout sessions on
days two and three.

I put out a request for a bid at the Santa Clara Hilton on Great
America Parkway. This is close to Cisco on the same light rail
line. I'll be looking around for other ideas.

If you have any other suggestions for a hotel with conference room for
~100 people, you can email me directly.

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting/seeing all of you in person,

- Karsten
team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership
uri:             http://communityleadershipteam.org
                        http://TheOpenSourceWay.org