release blocking features for oVirt 3.1

Moran Goldboim mgoldboi at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 12:34:54 UTC 2012

On 03/08/2012 09:28 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 03/07/2012 06:08 PM, Moran Goldboim wrote:
>
>> i would recommend adding (Musts):
>>
>>   * no blockers on the lower level components - libvirt, lvm,
>>     device-mapper,qemu-kvm
>
> How do we quantify this - on their upstream latest version? in a
> specific distro? in all distros?

i actually forgot to add two important deps - Jboss and Postgres
since the release is per distro, the definition should be- no blockers
on the lower layer components per distro released by oVirt on the
go/no-go meeting.
an example for it should be the iscsi-initiator problem we faced before
first release on fedora.

maybe each dev lead needs to define musts and shoulds for his component
(different components within jboss we aren't depended to work with)

Moran.